Wednesday, July 05, 2006

SUMMER CONCERT DATES

Well, sorry I haven't been updating the blog lately...been too busy attending concerts, golf outings, bachelor parties and wedding receptions. All that partying takes it's toll on this 50 year-old body.

Just to recap this summer's events:

June 30th: SLAYER at Tower City Amphitheater in Cleveland with the boy. Awesome venue on the Cuyahoaga River. How can you beat a little South Of Heaven while a cool breeze washes over you from the east. Needless to say, the beer flowed and the heads banged.

July 1st: Get up, slightly hung-over...drive back to Toledo in time to shower, shave ,get dressed and head to my buddy's wedding at OLPH. Leave the wedding. We have 3 hours to kill before the reception. Go home and take a nap...NO WAY. It's off to Dales's Bar and Grille in Maumee for a pre-reception warm-up. The boy sucks down Stella's like there's no tomorrow and I casually sip 4 rum and diet Cokes. (I needed the caffeine). Grab a quick lunch and then head to Gladieux Meadows on Heatherdowns for the reception. Not one to break habits, I continued drinking rum and diet Cokes. Lots of reminiscing about the glory days of High School. Run into schoolmates I haven't seen in years. Brings back memories, Even though I've put on weight, I still look damn good compared to some of my peers. Starting to wind down, leave the reception around 10 o'clock.

July 8th: SOUNDS OF THE UNDERGROUND in Cleveland. This is an all-day concert. Great heavy bands including: Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Terror, Behemoth and of course the crowd favorite...Gwar. Should be a good time.

July 19th: OZZFEST at DTE in Detroit. This has become an annual event for my son and I. People we ask to go have come and gone, but we manage to survive it year in and year out. For us it is a summer ritual. One that we both enjoy. This year's headliner is System Of A Down. Ozzy will only be appearing at certain shows across the country. In fact at one show he will headline the second stage! That's Ozzy for you, always thinking outside the box for ways to entertain his fans.

August: Thinking about going to an Old School concert and taking the boy to see The James Gang. It's good for him to listen to some rock and roll roots. Keeps him honest.

Well that's what's in store in the upcoming weeks

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

0 comments: